Looking for that perfect bag that makes you look stylish, and can yet accommodate all the things that you want? Well, in today’s day and age there is no dearth of choices available. Be it clothes, shoes, or even bags, you have so many choices today. In this article, we will discuss three different types of bags and understand which type can be used for what purpose. Let us now get started with the article “Sling Bags Vs Messenger Bags Vs Backpacks Comparison”.
What are Sling Bags?
A sling bag is like a crossbody bag that is kept over one shoulder. You do not have to use both your shoulders while using these bags. These are also considered more stylish when compared to some of the other bags that are available in the market.
Advantages of Sling Bags:
The slings offer the following advantages:
- Since you have to use just one shoulder, these are generally preferred when the climate is hot.
- These are also less bulky.
- The weight is uniformly distributed through the waist. Hence, these are preferred to other types of bags.
- These are some of the best choices if you want to carry small items.
Not everything is better with sling bags. There are a few shortcomings that you should be aware of if you are using them:
- It is generally used for holding only small items. If you have bulky items to carry, sling bags do not serve the purpose.
- Most of the people find it uncomfortable. Since it is used around just one shoulder, you have to keep adjusting the bag.
- A few people find it difficult to carry in long trips. They think that these bags are only meant for fashion and do not serve the purpose of bags as such.
The other type of bags in the market is the traditional backpack. These do not require any definition. These are synonymous with the schoolbags which each of us carried in our childhood. They are worn through both the shoulders and as the name suggests, it is located towards the back.
The backpacks have the following advantages:
- These are one of the best options for bags if you want to carry a lot of items together.
- The backpacks are very spacious and you can dump almost everything that you need in a bag.
- Since the weight is distributed through both your shoulders, these are generally preferred over other bags.
- A few people consider these a more comfortable option.
Carrying a backpack can have certain cons or shortcomings. The following are some of the disadvantages:
- People do not find it stylish and fashionable.
- Since there is enough space in these, you tend to dump even things which you might not need. Having too much space sometimes acts to your disadvantage.
Out of all the three types of bags that we are talking about in this article, the messenger bag is a comparatively new phenomenon and not many people are aware of this type of bag.
Messenger bags are just like sacks and are made out of cloth. Just like a sling bag, a messenger bag is used over just one shoulder of yours. Due to this, people often compare it to a sling bag. The messenger bags are essentially the larger versions of sling bags.
Messenger bags are used due to the following reasons:
- Since they are larger than sling bags, they can be used for carrying different items.
- The weight is distributed evenly in the waist area. Hence, more people prefer these than backpacks.
- They are considered fashionable.
- You can comfortably carry heavyweight items in these bags.
As mentioned above, they are made of cloth. Items such as laptops might not be carried comfortably in these types of bags. For purposes such as the above, a backpack is a better option to go with.
Sling Bag Vs. Backpacks:
As seen above, both sling bags and backpacks have their advantages and disadvantages. You have to check what is it that you are looking for. If, say, you want a bag to keep only essential items such as wallet, keys, etc. then why carry the large backpack. You can choose a sling bag in this case. If, on the other hand, you are traveling and want to carry large items such as a water bottle, a book, your jumper, shoes, etc. it is the backpack that will be most of the use. Choose wisely and do not just dump everything into a backpack for the sake of it. Sling bags can be handy and make you look fashionable too.
Sling Bag Vs. Messenger Bags:
Although the main difference in sling bags and messenger bags lie in the size, there is clear demarcation when you should opt for a sling bag and when not. If you want the weight to be distributed evenly around the waist while also being able to carry larger items, messenger bags are a better choice.
Whatever choice you make, make sure that you look fashionable while also feeling comfortable. There are a lot of options available at your disposal today.
We hope that after reading the above article, you will get a good understanding of sling bags, messenger bags, and backpacks. Next time you can make an informed decision as to which type of bag will best suit your needs.