So you decided to learn how to start a conversation on Facebook? You are probably new to online chat and want little guidance. This is good! I will teach you everything that works for me (and my friends) on Facebook. It’s not hard at all, but it does require some knowledge on how messaging system on FB works.
I’ll explain that too, don’t worry.
First of all, why would you want to start a conversation with unknown girl on Facebook? The simple question indeed.
Can be that you are looking for some friends, can be that you are interested in her. Doesn’t matter! As long as she’s on your friend list, it’s easy to chat with her on Facebook.
And if you have a crush on her – it’s even easier! You can ask her out for chat, send a message to her and get things going. Without having to use chatroulette alternative.
You just have to be creative and you will succeed!
Before we start though, I want to mention that if she doesn’t have a profile picture or if her profile is set to private – you should try messaging her anyway! It happens that I started chatting with girls who didn’t have proper profiles. And it worked out just fine, so don’t give up in the first sign of trouble.
I will explain in details why would you want to chat on FB, what are most common reasons, but for now I want to show you how can it be done.
The Facebook chat messages I will be showing you are all based on my own experience, but they were used by my friends as well with great success! So that means that they work and will definitely help you find the way how to make her say “yes” to your request for chat.
Now, first thing first! You have to find her on Facebook. This is the easy part – just go here and type in her name. If she’s using FB regularly – she will show up. Chances are that you won’t need to do anything else other than look at her profile and wait for her to come online. If you don’t find her, try to find mutual friends or go through her interests. Just keep digging until you manage to do so!
Now let’s start with 20 ways how to start a conversation on Facebook
1) Check out what does she have as favorite books, movies and music. Then use that information to compliment her. For example: “I love the movie ‘The Avengers’ too! Great choice.”
This will give you an opportunity to continue with your observation skills and show her that you pay attention to what she says or does! It’s a great way how to start conversation on Facebook and it doesn’t require too much effort on your side. It will make her happy and she will most likely respond to this great compliment you’ve given her!
2) Ask about something interesting that’s going on in her life. Like: “I saw you got a new job! Congratulations. What does it involve?”
3) And another way how to start chat on FB is to send her a message that she might find interesting. For example: “Do you like cooking? I love trying out new recipes!”
This will show her your interest in common things and it might spark some great conversation between you two! It’s not too direct, but it has the potential of leading to it.
4) Show her that you remember what she likes by asking about something she has liked or commented on before. Like: “Do you still want to buy that dress?”
5) Ask her if she remembers you! After all, it’s been a while since the last time you talked with each other online and maybe it happened that she forgot your name! So if you want to try this out, send her a message like: “Hey, don’t remember if we talked before. I’m (insert your name here).”
6) And another way how to start chat on FB is by asking for some advice about something that recently happened in your life. For example: “I’m having trouble with my new job. Can you give me some advice?”
7) If you are trying to make the conversation girls on Facebook flirty, try this one out: “I noticed that you commented on (insert her name)’s status. Do I stand a chance with them too?”
8) Tell her something interesting that you have seen so far on her profile. For example, if she has some really cool pictures of herself – tell her about them! Or maybe she is an avid traveler? Then let her know what you’ve seen so far.
9) Comment on something that’s going on in your life right now. For example: “I had a great day, but I’m exhausted. How about you?”
10) Do the same thing! Comment on something that’s going on in your life right now. After all, you are not FB friends, so she will more likely respond to this message because it feels private and personal. Just imagine if some stranger suddenly messaged you asking how are you. Would you dare responding to it?
11) Ask a simple question about her day. Like: “How was your day?” Or maybe you want to play it cool and ask her if she’s having fun, but it all depends on what kind of relationship do you have on FB with this girl. If there is nothing between the both of you and it’s just a simple FB chat – asking this kind of question will show her that you care!
12) Ask her about the place she currently lives in. Like: “What can you tell me about your city?” Or maybe she is visiting some other city, so ask her what things must be seen there? This way how to start chat on FB will show her that you are interested in where she lives and it is casual enough so you can play it safe!
13) Comment on something funny. Like: “I was laughing my head off when I saw this video!”
14) Or comment on something that’s going on in your life right now. You can say that you were just looking at her pictures from the party and you miss those good times! Or maybe she told you once how much she loved this show? Then ask her if it’s still on air.
15) Ask a simple question about what is going on with her life right now. Like: “How are things going on with you?”
16) Comment on something that’s going on in your life right now. If you are planning to meet with her soon, then tell her about it! For example: “I can’t wait to see you next weekend.” Or maybe you are trying to make plans over FB chat? Then try asking if she’s free tomorrow or later this week.
17) If you are trying to make the conversation more flirty, try asking her what kind of music she likes. For example: “What’s your favorite band? Mine is (insert name here).”
18) Comment on something that’s going on in your life right now. It can be that you bought some new pair of shoes or that you just saw a really funny video.
19) Ask her out for a cup of coffee! If she is the only real friend you have on Facebook, then why not? In this way chat with girls on facebook will be more casual and fun! It’s also a great chance to get to know each other better without being so formal.
20) Comment on something that’s going on in your life right now. For example: “I’ve been thinking a lot lately…” Now you have some ideas how to start chat on FB, so go ahead and try them out! Everything is up to you – just relax and have fun with it! Don’t forget about sending her a joke from time to time!
Finally, I’d say that you should try to keep the conversation light and casual. Of course, if you want to ask her something more private, then it’s okay! Sometimes girls just want to know that there is someone they can talk to on FB.
Let me remind you one more time though. If you are just looking for some fun, then don’t push yourself too hard. It’s all about having the right mindset, so let your hair down and say whatever comes to mind!
Even if you mess things up a bit that it won’t be a disaster. You can always laugh a little and apologize for the awkward situation. Maybe she will find it cute? Or maybe she will think that you are really weird?
But what do I know, right? It’s all up to you – try it out and have fun chatting with girls on Facebook!